Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: T-mobile

reload software error 552

ive had my 8900 for almost a year now, for the most part i havent had many issues with it. just recently i downloaded 2 new apps, along with deleting a few old apps thinking i was making 'room' for the new ones.

i rebooted the phone after, only to get a white screen showing a reload software 552 error. first time ive seen it so i did a google search and seen that this had something to do with running out of memory.

i never did a back up of my files on BB. so more than likely im going to lose everything. i downloaded the 4.7 desktop manager TWICE. only to get that the DM was disconnected. sometimes it didnt even recognize my BBerry and didnt show my pin, itll say connected, but show the pin as (none)

ive taken the battery out, rebooted the phone many times, tried different usb ports. only to get the same result. i followed the blackberry support faq instructions with no success. i even downloaded from the links you posted here for the 4.5 usb driver only to see a 'read me' file

when my pin did show sometimes is when i clicked to start application loader to add/remove files. i removed some apps click next to see the status bar. once it reached 100% i would get a fatal error message telling me to retry with a password?!? i dont have a password.

so now ive been stuck with a phone with a white screen for 3 days now and im running out of ideas. i need help plz
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: reload software error 552

Hi txbella and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I would attempt a reload of the BlackBerry handheld software.  When you reload the software, you should have an option to backup the BlackBerry.  This could potentially save your data.

You can download the latest version of the BlackBerry software from your wireless service provider's website or from the link below:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: T-mobile

thanks! downloaded the latest software and did a reload. its working fine now Smiley Happy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

That's great!  Glad its working for you now!!!

Smiley Happy

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: stc

i had the same problem yesterday with my blackberry curve 8520 .. i have update the software by blackberry desktop manager .. it works but there was no arabic or any another language there was only english and there was no documents to go , no notepad and no games or  any another apps ... what should i do now  i want to have this apps again and arabic language on my bb  please help me Smiley Sad

My Device: BLACKBERRY STORM 9530
My Carrier: Metro

im having this problem right now with my blackberry storm 9530 that i bought about 3 weeks ago. White screen tells me the same to "RELOAD SOFTWARE" im already trying to reload with the link that you posted here. But is it normal that its taking along time or is it suppose to be fast? This guy was going to fix it for me but was charging me $45

My Device: curve 8520

i have had the same problem and have been told its my fault this message has come up and have been told that i will have to buy a cheap phone to use for the next 22 months until my contract ends!!!

my BB kept freezing yesterday and then rebooting itself, then went onto a white screen saying "reload software 552" took battery out and sim and memory card etc nothing worked plugged it into usb and my PC didnt even recgnosie that i had plugged anything in.

after this rang my network provider who said to go in store and they will reload software and it would be alrite so travel 10miles at 9pm last night to be told that they do not do this in store!!!!!! so rang back my network provider who gave me  fault code and told me that becasue i had a fault code i would be able to have a new handset as i have only had this phone for 8 weeks

went into a phones for you store which is where i purchased the BB from there website (dial-a-phone) to be told i could have a new handset but i would have to wait till head office was opn which would be this morning, so i got up early this morning so i could go to there store in my local city centre where i work and had to wait 45mins for the shop to open to be basically told its my own fault and dial-a-phone have nothing to do with them when on there website it says they do

i am now stuck with a broken phone which im paying £30 a month for

any ideas of what to do next?

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: malaysia

i dont have usb blackberry,,,,and now my blackberry screen display reload software 552

it cant open...many times i try

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kikilala wrote:

i dont have usb blackberry,,,,and now my blackberry screen display reload software 552

it cant open...many times i try

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

As described above, resolution of a 552 error requires attaching to a computer via the USB cable. Without that, there is no path to resolve it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
TR9
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

I've got the same problem!!!!! I've updated the desktop software AND the device software and theres still no luck. I have no idea what to do next, and don't want to be left with an un-solved problem Smiley Sad