Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: reload software error 552

TR9 wrote:

I've got the same problem!!!!! I've updated the desktop software AND the device software and theres still no luck. I have no idea what to do next, and don't want to be left with an un-solved problem Smiley Sad

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest you try a different procedure...From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

PS -- when you next reply, rather than simply saying "no luck", perhaps you could provide some details? With "no luck", we can only guess as to the outcome you experienced.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve - 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey

Please help me as i am facing a similatr problem...i installed an app and after reboot, it goes into a white screen with just one single icon in the centre which says reload software error 552. I followed the steps that you have posted in gthis thread but since the desktop manager is not detecting my device in the first place, i am not able to update or reload software. I tries connecting with the USB and it says error in connection with the BB. I have downloaded some update software from the blackberry website for my region but i am not able to reload the software.

Please advise

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Alexis

Error 552

Hi, I had the same problem and nothing works. The first ting that I did is that I removes alot apps and reboot. When I turned it on it was loading but in a moment appeared a white background with a message : Reload Software: 552.

Any method works so PLEASE help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ! (Curve 8520 my phone)

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Alexis

Re: Error 552

Smiley Sad
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Re: Error 552

rangerandre wrote:

Hi, I had the same problem and nothing works. The first ting that I did is that I removes alot apps and reboot. When I turned it on it was loading but in a moment appeared a white background with a message : Reload Software: 552.

Any method works so PLEASE help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ! (Curve 8520 my phone)

Hello,

Please scroll through and read all of the remedies already posted in this thread; the process for doing as the message says (reload software) is already posted. You have only done one thing (removing apps) that has already been recommended in this thread...there are many more things to try.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: VODACOM SOUTH AFRICA

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

CDEVREY wrote:
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Then please do as has already been recommended in the posts preceding yours...scroll up, read, and provide details of your specific situation IF the above posted remedies do not work for you.

Good luck!

My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

im having the same error message on my bb bold 9000 ive downloaded both programs to try n fix it and still nothing i dont know what to do

Hall of Famer III

TANNAHRAYE714 wrote:

im having the same error message on my bb bold 9000 ive downloaded both programs to try n fix it and still nothing i dont know what to do

Hello!

Hmmm..."both programs"...I'm not quite sure what that correlates to in this thread. Perhaps you could be more explicit about exactly what you attempted?

Thanks!