Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: non

.rem files not decrypting

Hello all,

I have had my 9700 set to encrypt everything until I installed BB protect, which does not allow device memory encryption in order for it to be enabled. So after I disabled device memory encryption but kept media enabled.....I continued to use my camera. Now I am unable to see my pictures on my computer using BB desktop manager or just reading the media card.

I have disabled password and encryption on the whole device and restarted it and I am still unable to see the pictures. They still show up on the media files viewer on my BB as .rem files .

This is the original BB and original media card and I would like to know what I can do to get my pictures on to my computer?

Thanks in advance for you kind assistance

nbrebel

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: .rem files not decrypting

Hello nbrebel and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Have a look at this article, KB11454 "Encrypted files stored on the microSD media card appear as .rem files". 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: .rem files not decrypting

my bb has been stolern but before it was stolen, i copied all files on my computer. i bought a new bb but all files are .rem. How can i decrypt all my files? ive tried moving them to different folders, emailing them and using the desktop software but no luck.

Is there anyway to decrypt them as my phone was stolen?