Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

remote access to PC

[ Edited ]

Is there any application for Blackberry to have remote access to PC? eg logmein or similar to microsoft mobile 6.5? Thnx

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.975 on Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: remote access to PC

Hi and welcome!

Take a look at RDM+ (aka RDM plus) by Shape Services. You can find it in App World or here: http://www.rdmplus.com/rdm/bb/index.html

I believe this will do what you need. There is a free trial to use and review before buying.

Good luck,

Ray K.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550

I have personally been using RDM+ for approximately 6 months and have found it to be a FANTASTIC application.  A bit pricey, but if you are as I am, on the road quite a bit and in need of accessing certain files off my office computer and the ability to upload/download this is the app you are looking for

New Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: vodafone

Brilliant, many thanks.

My Device: BlackBerry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello ....

I am new here ......

I am running a christmas light show this christmas and would like to know if this program

will allow me to run my light show program on my blackberry.

This would be HUGE help in my installation of the lights.

Thanks,

Dave

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold (OS ver. 5.0.0.545 )
My Carrier: MTN

Hi TaceMedic. It is your 1st post but I will reply.

This program shows your desktop from your PC on your BB. You can move the Mouse and run any program your want and even see your .....dirty pictures...Hahahah

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry

RayK-

I'm doing an independent research project. I am connecting my phone to my computer using the RDM, however, I need to incorporate something new. RDM doesn't allow you see watch videos that may be on your computer or in your hard drive. Is there a way to do this?

I'm suppose to create 'my own' idea to this research project, yet, I have no idea what to do. Can you help?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

kmmowery wrote:
RDM doesn't allow you see watch videos that may be on your computer or in your hard drive. Is there a way to do this?

hello,

you can either publish those videos on video sharing websites like YouTube.

or you can simply install an RSTP streaming server on your PC.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry

Nah, I changed it. It has to be something that I have to some how 'create'. One of my friends gave me the idea of using a VNC + SSH to create a new RDP like an imitation. But I don't know how to go about it, and I don't know where I could find a VNC that actually shows it's written work.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

kmmowery wrote:

Nah, I changed it. It has to be something that I have to some how 'create'.

I am sorry but I absolutely do not understand what you are saying.

kmmowery wrote:

and I don't know where I could find a VNC that actually shows it's written work.

did you really search? I typed :

+VNC +"open source" and found in 4 seconds a few dozen implementations of VNC that publish their source code. For instance: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultravnc/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: