Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

reset default action to a different function

Posted this question three weeks ago but didn't get a satisfactory answer.

When I'm in my Contacts list and I click on a contact number, I want that action to go to the Text app as default rather than the Phone app.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Kent

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: reset default action to a different function

Hello,

I read your prior thread (really no need to open a second thread, but whatever...) and, while I see how, in your situation, what you are requesting would indeed be useful, there simply is no setting that I am aware of that will change the behavior. But, there is a way to accomplish it.

When you are in your contacts list, rather than actually opening the contact, leave it highlighted (selected but not clicked, if you know what I mean) and press the Logo_Blue.gif key. That will bring up an options menu that should have, as one selection, to SMS the contact. You can also to that once you enter the contact item, by again not clicking the phone number but instead pressing the Logo_Blue.gif key and selecting SMS from the menu.

Unfortunately, there is no way to reconfigure the "click" on the number to perform an SMS instead of the default dialing via the phone app. I tried to see if a convenience key could accomplish what you desire, but I've not been successful with that. I wish I had better news for you, but all I can advise now is to just get used to the sequence of using the Logo_Blue.gif key rather than clicking the contact item.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................