Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

reset my blackberry curve from ma pc

i have a blackberry curve and my numbers 3 6 9 wont work and have a password and cant type it in to access ma fone because password contains 369 in it wat can a doo plzz help to remove ma password to access my fone

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: reset my blackberry curve from ma pc

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BBs are the most secure mobile devices available. As such, there is no method to bypass the user created device lock password. But, there is a secondary method for entering it..the PC keyboard. If you have connected to your PC in the past (and, since backups are not optional, I certainly hope you have!!), do so now and you can unlock your BB for use from the PC (and then take another backup just to be sure).

Beyond that, you must determine why those keys on your BB no longer function. Did it get wet? Did you install some new apps? Some theme? Something else?

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................