Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: 02

reset password id ?

forgot password id, when try to reset / change password it keeps asking me for my current password which i have forgot

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: reset password id ?

[ Edited ]

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Here is the link that will help you out ---> KB28685 or you can just read below!

1. From the BlackBerry ID login screen on the smartphone select Forgot Password.
  2. Enter the BlackBerry ID Username and select OK.
  3. Enter the answer to the password recovery question and select OK.
  4. A confirmation will display Your BlackBerry ID Password Recovery email has been sent toemail@domain.com or Instructions for resetting your password have been sent to your email address.
  5. Access the associated mailbox, locate the password reset email, and select the Change your BlackBerry ID password link.

Note:
     The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from donotreply@blackberry.com. If the email is not found in the email account inbox, check the Spam or Junk folder

6. When the password reset page loads, enter the New PasswordConfirm Password, then clickSubmit.
  7. A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
  8. Moving forward use the newly created password whenever logging into the BlackBerry ID.
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Let's be clear here. Is this your BlackBerry ID password (used for BB World) or is it the password that locks your phone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

my apologies, the problem i have is i've forgot the answer to my ' password recovery question' stupid i know but i've not needed it before today when for some reason i was asked for it.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Do you have access to the email address that is associated with the BBID?

If so, here is what I recommend:

Go to www.bbid.com

click on reset password.

It will send a password reset email to the email address used for the BBID.

Open the email and follow the instructions. No recovery question required.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

not very good with this sort of thing, tried that one a bit earlier and again just now but it does ask me the recovery question.

Forums Advisor III

If you don't got the answer for the security question then your force to register under a new email address!

it does lock my phone if i have 10 attempts. not sure if explained properly, it's the answer to my recovery question i've forgot and can't reset password without it.

Forums Advisor III

My friend your talking bout your Blackberry ID correct?

correct