Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

reset the keystore password

[ Edited ]

830am i was trying to access web sites that requited me to accept a security certificate. the message asked for my key store password. i have entered a number of my usual passwords thinking that i supplied one during configuration but they are being rejected. it appears that i have used 7 of 10 possible trys before the bbery is going to cut me off. help! how can i bypass or reset. i tried selecting the accept certificate or ignore certificate but it wont let me

900am  now i have used up all 10 trys..and the device wiped all the data ( i syncd beforehand) & is restarting..aaarrrrrrrgh!

have to set up all over again..how the heck do i avoid thsi issue? 

Message Edited by cbauer on 07-16-2008 08:59 AM
New Contributor

Re: reset the keystore password

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem on my BB Curve and I'm at 6/10 password attempts and I don't want to run into the same situation.  I tried calling Verizon for support but they were useless.
New Contributor

I was getting the same error messages about the 'trusted server site certificates' followed up by the key password screen from the first day I got my phone.  I eventually had to call BB tech and they walked me through several options in the browser configuration screen, but eventually we got it right.  I wish I could tell you where to go and what to check, but I was seriously on the phone with the techie for almost an hour before we got it straightened out.  Knock on wood!!  Call in...on a seperate phone...and have them walk you through the process.  It was a pain, but it got fixed.  Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

-O.

New Contributor

Thanks.  My BB was also recently purchased and I never messed around with the keystore password but was getting the same msgs.  In any case, I called BB support today.  They were quite helpful, walked me through backup of BB data, wiping out the BB, restoring and clearing passwords  My problem is now resolved.  Wish it didn't cost me $50 for the support call.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Just FYI... But from what I have read here, if you take your device to the carrier and they can't repair it or if you request it they will open a case number with Blackberry and the carrier pays for it.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter