Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9330
My Carrier: smartfren

restore and sync bbm contact

Good day all,

I have a problem, i was using Curve 9330 and an android smartphone. When i sign in from my android phone, it created a new profile, all my bbm contacts does not appear and i'm not sign out from my curve. At first i thought it was because i still using OS 5. then i upgrade it to OS 6, but still not solve the problem.

I checked my friend's curve, which is able to sign in to android phone. His curve is using OS 6 and BBM 7.0.0.126, mine is OS 6 and BBM 6.x.x.x.

I search and install BBM 7.0.0.126, sign in using my email but now my curve is using new profile that created by android phone (have no contacts at all). 

The question is, how do i restore and/or sync my bbm contacts from my earlier curve 9330?

Thank you so much

Developer
My Device: BBTEN
My Carrier: ooredoo

Re: restore and sync bbm contact

Dear Mendarat,

when using 2 blackberry and android smartphones, preferably using a different BlackBerry ID.
I do not know if this method will work, but what hurts to try.
1 Try to login to make BlackBerry Id in Android
2 Log in to the BlackBerry Curve with BlackBerry ID that long.
Good Luck

Ades Ganteng
New Contributor

Yes, i've tried that, but what hurts is you have to invite all of your friend from android (i had almost 100 contacts).

no 2: when i sign in again with the same ID before upgrade OS, all my contacts were lost. BBM recognize my ID that created by android (which is totally new).

My friend suggest ishould wipe my curve, could this happen to be a solution?

Pusyeeennggg

Developer
My Device: BBTEN
My Carrier: ooredoo

Kalau Di Wipe curve nya otomatis data Ilang mas. sepertinya kontak ini tereset otomatis ketika Anda membuat BlackBerry ID untuk Android

Ades Ganteng
New Contributor

iyah.. seolah-olah id yang pernah didaftarkan di curve ngga kedetect sama BB. Gara-gara telat update OS, jadi begini deh...