Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

restore memo's?

Help!  My BB8520 shut down last night (battery low) and on restart, my memo's are gone!  is there any way to restore memo's from memory?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: restore memo's?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Restore depends on a data source...the device itself has no such data source. If you were using the FREE methods of backup, then you would have a data source. If you were not doing any backups at all, then you have no data source.

You might be lucky with the PC-based utility of Zero Assumption Recovery...if your memo's were stored in either Device or Media Card Memory (NOT in App Memory), then that utility might be able to recover via USB Mass Storage Mode. But you need to be quick...the longer you wait, the more likely that the memory areas previously used by your files will be overwritten with other things, thereby preventing recovery.

It's also possible that, for some reason, your device did a full WIPE...if so, then there likely is no recovery possible (except for from backups, if you were practicing good backup procedures).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................