Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry bold 9790
My Carrier: orange

restoring internal memory

i rebooted my phone yesterday, and when it turned on again, my internal memory had gone. i keep getting a message saying that i need to repair it, but the phone won't do it. i don't use a memory card, and the phone wont accept mine, and it's lost all my photos and music. the music im not bothered about because i had it backed up on my laptop, but the photos werent backed up and im really upset that i've lost them because they meant a lot to me. then when i tried to sync the music to my phone again, turns out the internal memory has not only lost all my files, but has seemed to disappeared. i've gone from having six gb of memory to having 800mb. not impressed. i really dont want to restore my phone because i'll lose all my contacts and settings and i dont even know if that will repair the memory. i'm trying to back up whats left of my settings and apps but its not completing fml. please help!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: restoring internal memory

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, I would deduce a hardware level defect, for which no amount of OS or software can repair. Hence, if you remain under warranty, you should seek support from your original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or your authorized service center -- it varies by region, but you should have received, at your original time of purchase, documentation telling you exactly what your warranty coverage is and how to use it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................