Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: 8ta

retrieving contacts from phone before

My friend recently COMPLETELY locked herself out of her BBM. We tried the link forgot password. But to no avail. Subsequently she is not able to access any function on the phone.

We agreed that SECURITY WIPE is the way to go.The concern is how will she retrieve her contacts which were saved on the device. Please advice how we can go about this dillema
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: retrieving contacts from phone before

1. Which contacts does your friend wish to save?

• Her BBM contacts? BBM contacts will be connected with her BBID if she ever remembers her BBID password.
  • The device contacts, will not be saved if they are ONLY saved on the devivce. If your friend has ever performed a backup of her BlackBerry to her PC, or has BlackBerry Protect installed and backing up, she should be able to restore those contacts from the PC or Protect.

So, more information from you (or  her) is required for a specific answer.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code