Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

right or wrong move?!?!

Hello all!

I'm new on these forums so please be gentle with me! this may take a little while so bear with me!

I'm and old blackberry user, the last device I had was the storm and while i loved the basics of it, did my head in with the problems i kept having so i moved....DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN....to an iPhone!!.2

I'm not going to lie, i'm an apple freak, i've got 'i' everything in my house so it was logical to get the phone to match...however when my work decided to issue us all with iphones at the end of last year, having two iphones to use just seemed a bit, stupid! so at my upgrade I was torn - do i stick to the iphone or take the plunge and go for the new 9900 which looked oh so pretty?!

I took the plunge et voila...i'm now the owner of a shiney new 9900...I love the phone...no i really do, so much easier to text and email on, don't know hat the fuss is about the battery ALL smart phones need charging every day, it's a fact of life, my laptop does and that battery is like a brick! yeah the apps are lacking but so what, i've got a computer to do that with...but for some reason i can't get the idea out of my head that i've done the wrong thing?! 

My concern is this - i've just signed up for a 24 month contract and with the new BB10 coming out 'sometime at the end of 2012' as with other blackberry upgrades - is the 9900 going to be left behind?!?  If it is, that kind of makes my mind up for me as I really don't want to be using a bit of kit that isn't firing on all cylinders so to speak!

I guess i'm looking for some of you long term BB fans to come on here and boost my confidence that i've done the right thing - or do i reluctantly go back to my iphone and wait for the new OS to come out!!!  things used to be a lot easier when there was only 1 smart phone on trhe market!!!! lol

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: right or wrong move?!?!

It is very unlikely the 9900 will be upgradable to OS10 when it is released.

And, your 9900 will not lose any functionality when it is.

Welcome back!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: right or wrong move?!?!

thank you!

I figured that may of been the case...i'm still not sure though, it's the fact of not being hooked to everything else i own that also bugs me!