Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blacberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

ringer off

Can someone tell me how to make my phone ring when I receive a call.Even when my phone is ringing,there is a symbol telling me that my ringer is off.How do I turn it on?Any help is appreciated!!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: ringer off

In the top left corner of your  screen should be a speaker icon.  Click it and select Change Sounds and Alerts at the bottom.  From that list, select Phone Ring Tone.  Choose the one you desire from the drop-down list and click it.  Now press the BB menu key and select Save. 

Once that's done, make sure you  have a Profile selected.  Click that speaker icon again and see which Profile has the check beside it.  I have mine beside Normal; I suggest you try that one for now.

I suspect you might have had All Alerts Off on the Profiles list.

Let us know if this solves your problem (your phone problem, that is.  We can't help you with your personal ones.)  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Blackberry 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: ringer off. Can someone tell me how to turn the ringer "on"?

My Device: blacberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

unfortunately this didn't solve it although logically it should have...I had to turn off phone (Bold 9630) take out battery and replace. After it went thru all of it's power up gyrations, while the message still reads "Ringer Off" when a call comes in, I now get a ring tone. Based on the number of help inquiries, posts, blogs, it would appear this is a global issue that RIMS needs to solve since we cannot get the Ringer Off message to dissapear.
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My 9780 keeps doing this! What the heck?! I just pulled the battery a couple of days ago, and today I missed an important call because it never rang. Isn't there a permanent solution out there by now?!
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: verizon

This doesn't solve the problem and taking out the battery worked once but not a second time. Help!