Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ringers

How can I set the ringer to ring only for incoming calls?  Right now it vibrates twices, rings twice, then vibrates twice on all of the settings I try (loud, normal, medium).
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: ringers

Set the below options -

Go to Phone options

Out of Holster: Tone

Number of Vibrations:1

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

thanks for the quick response.  I'm new to Blackberry - I don't see "out of holster".  I went to the options folder on the main menu, then to "ring tones/alerts".  Is there somewhere else I should be looking for out of holster?
New Contributor

No, that is where you need to go.

Once in "ring tones/alerts" you should see a list of the different settings you can change:

Phone

Instant Messages

Reminders

Other

If, for examply you click on "Phone", you are taken in to the options for what happens when you receive a call.

You sould see: 

Ring Tone:

Volume

Sound in Holster

LED

Vibration

etc... 

That should get you going.

New Contributor

I do see those - but I don't see "out of holster: tone" or "number of vibrations:1" anywhere.  Tryed changing some of the pulldowns but still don't see that.  Thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Try these directions, Go to options, select ring tones / alerts, select phone, go to vibration and set this option to "off". That should solve your vibration alert problem with incoming calls.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry, I fell off the grid there for a bit.  Here are a few screenshots of exactly what we are all talking about here.

Vibration

In this first picture you can see at the top "Sound in Holster".  This will set whether or not your phone will ring in your holster.  I believe what you are looking for is what i actually circled.  If you click on the Drop down directly across --> from vibration you will get the option of Off, On, In Hoster Only, or Custom.  Custom gives you more granularity when it comes to how you want to handle the different events, and where your phone is (in or out of holster).  See the image below.

Maybe this helps.  You can also see that custom is what gives you the option to set it to vibrate once.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out!

SIH

New Contributor

Thanks - problem solved!