Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

ringtones and alerts lost

After downloading and installing 5.0.0.822 my ringtones and alerts started disappearing and now they are all gone except the vibrator. Apparently I am not the only one with this problem, but really what good is a phone that doesn't ring?!? I have read that there is no fix for this yet and no time frame for it. I don't consider a battery pull for a few day temporary fix as anything of value, nor would downgrading to a prior OS be of value. This is not a smart phone, only a stupid phone would not ring, unless there is a setting that some ignorant operator has failed to glean. This has been going on for about a week and my next move is to Droid!!!!!! Can anyone help before I leave Blackberry forever?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: ringtones and alerts lost

The issue has been reported and RIM is  working on it. in the meanwhile as workaround  return the BlackBerry Device Software to an earlier version that is available for the BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone.

Check  KB24307 Ringtones and alerts do not play regardless of the tune or volume setting   

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit