Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

roxio media manager not showing up

Hi,

Help!!

I downloaded Blackberry Desktop software v.4.5 with media manager, but when I open Desktop manager on my computer, there are only for icons(application loader, backup and restore, switch device wizard, and synchronize), but nowhere MEDIA MANAGER.

Where can I find media manager in this application, so I can transfer music to my blackberry?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: roxio media manager not showing up

I'm having the same problem too, I downloaded version 4.3 originally (with Media Manager) and it only shows 4 buttons, so I uninstall, and get version 4.5 with Media Manager yet only see 4 buttons still (the same ones as you see). I uninstalled and reinstalled both versions with Media manager several times and nothing.

In another forum post I found that I could just drag and drop wallpapers, music, and ringtones like it was a USB storage device or whatever, but I can't even find it on the "My Computer" window even though it says it's connected, is charging, and I can sync the time and date. 

Any help out there would be much appreciated

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I don't like the Roxio Media Manager. I don't use it and I'm very happy.

Why do you need it exactly ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you have a media card installed plug the BB into the USB cable attached to the PC. Look under Windows my computer

and the media card should show up as a removable drive (like a thumb drive). If successful make the following folders that correspond with the BB:

Blackberry

Music

Ringtones

videos

Pictures

voicenotes.

Then select your media from the PC and drag it to the correct folder. I agree with Xandrex, I find Roxio to be quite cumbersome.

Please let me know if this helps!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-15-2008 07:19 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter