Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

runtime error on latest release of software for backing up

i have redownloaded and installed version 7 of the oc backup and sync software....is there a problem with it as i get an ERROR .... RUNTIME ERROE - and then it crashes and i now cannot sync with outlook - what a nightmare.

any suggesttions?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: runtime error on latest release of software for backing up

Hi nevillegill,

Welcome to the Community,

Please uninstall your desktop software cleanly and download it again , have a look at this article I think it may help you

: KB15303 

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

what has RIM done! i have had one of the worst IT days so far.... reinstalled the software which then crashed my PC and then crashed the Torch - now i have no contacts or anything..... nightmare.

has anyone some suggesttions as i still get the same runtime error having lost 1/2 a day!!! marks out of 10 ..... 1

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello!

To add to the excellent advice above, I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks for all your help - have tried 3 times and still get the same runtime error - at least on the 3rd time i got my contacts back!

so a trip to the local vodafone store i think is inorder.... oh joy!

thanks anyway

neville