Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: A T & T

screen goes dark after dialing

When I place a call using my contacts or my keypad, the screen goes dark after hitting the green "send" button.  It stays dark until I hang up.  How do I get the screen light to stay on when I place a call?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

Re: screen goes dark after dialing

Hmm strange you using a 9810?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

This phone has a sensor if you put the phone to your face or even put your hand over to near the top of the screen it will go dark. There is a sensor to prevent false activation of the touch screen.

I found when my phone is working on the car adabter it goes dark rather fast when I make a call. I use a Bluetooth earphone most of the time with this phone.  I don't feel comfortable holding it to my ear.

If I see the screen go dark and I need access, I simply run my finger up from the bottom of the screen to bring it back to life.

I am going to look in to this part of the phones operation a little more closely to see if there is anything else I can bring up about this...

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: rogers

Wow thanks man!
New Contributor

I have a Torch 9800. 

New Contributor

I use this phone with a Bluetooth and do not hold it near my face.  This problem just started yesterday.  In the past, I could dial a number, press send, and see who I was dialing (if it was in my contacts).  Then after about 30 seconds, the screen would go dark until I hung up, touched a button, or ran my finger across the screen.  Now, the screen is activated only after I push the red "end" key.  Thanks