Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9520
My Carrier: O2/T-Mobile

screen issue

Hello,

Sometime ago the screen on my storm2 cracked, so i eventually ordered a replacement screen and only just got around to fitting it.

I've fitted the screen as per instructions from videos on youtube and when i turn the phone on, the home screen shows, but seems to be unresponsive to touch. When i press the lock/unlock button at the top of the phone, the screen will do as it should, go blank when locked, and display the image when unlocked, but even after this, the screen is still unresponsive to the touch.

I have done countless battery pulls, i reinstalled the phone with the latest firmware, but still nothing. The previous screen worked perfectly fine, up until i cracked the screen.

I instantly assumed i must of done the initial replacement wrong, so i've also redone the screen replacement 4/5 times, even following different videos, which all show the same method, but still to no avail. I've also taken the metal back plate off the new screen and replaced it with the metal plate from the old screen, but still no luck.

I have no idea whats wrong, or if i've done anything wrong, so any suggestions welcome?

PS. The videos i followed are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j6kNUMzIm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHrBfiCM3Fg

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9520 storm
My Carrier: orange

Re: screen issue

HI i am a newbie did you solve your storm 9520 issue as i have the same problem as yourself cant seem to solve it.Any idea that will help thanks lloyd.

New Contributor

Hi lloyd,

In my case, it ended up being a duff screen.

I ended up replacing the phone's motherboard, incase that was the issue, but the problem still existed, i asked for a replacement screen, and it worked.

Have you made sure you got the right screen version for your phone?

New Contributor

Many thanks for this  i will contact the seller on ebay if he can replace it ,just to recap after replacing yours your touch screen wont click on any icons same as mine ? thanks

New Contributor

Indeed,

Mine powered up fine and displayed the home screen, but i was not able to click anything, i was able to highlight icons but actually clicking on them didnt work due to the screen wouldn't click

New Contributor

Thanks again same as mine

New Contributor

Re: screen issue update

Hi to everyone thanks for all replies update  had a new replacement screen and it worked perfect just goes to show even new screens have their problems

Another question though we a couple of curve in the family with white screen problems has there been a proper fix for this ?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: screen issue update

if you have another issue with Curve devices, I advise you to create a new discussion about that issue.
One topic per discussion is easier to handle.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: