Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

scrolling by itself!

I think  my blackberry is possesed.

I turned it on this morning and was checking my email, as I was scrolling down it started scrolling down on it's own super fast and just kept scrolling until it got to the bottom.

I'm having trouble using the trackpad to scroll up, even in the menu, it keeps wanting to scroll down.  I've tried taking the battery out and back in, I'm not sure what else to try.

Any help would be appreaciated!  It's really annoying!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: scrolling by itself!

exact same problem here. only started yesterday keeps scrolling upwards.

phone is only over a month old very annoying indeed.

My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: O2

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem? 

Mine started doing the exact same thing today and it's driving me mad!

I've already rebooted the whole system and updated the software to see if that was where the problem lay but no joy Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

I ended up taking it to where I bought it and it's been in the shop for about 3 weeks now Smiley Sad  At least I got a Bold as a loaner phone, but I really want mine back!! Takes forever to be fixed!  Hopefully it will not happen again if I ever get my phone back

New Contributor

oH No, mine is scrolling out of control too! This sucks, I hope they will come up with a fix ...maybe its defective warranty issue with these models?

New Contributor

yes, mine is like just over a month old too! Future shop gives 15 days return on cell phones...guess

I need to figure something else out cuz I cant type anything on it now hardly!

Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

I have had the same issue with a 9300 running on os6.

it is going drive me to move to iphone or android.

but right now it seems ok after removing yahoo messenger, which i actually never used. its been fine now for the last half an hour.

ps. playbook does not make use of auto text, hence not capitalizing. #fail
Developer
My Device: 8520, 9700

ok so that did not help. back to normal. browsing is impossible, essentially useless.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3g
My Carrier: o2

Ahhh am havin the same problem with my bb curve!! So annoyin! Any resolutions for this yet?? Smiley Sad
Visitor
My Device: curve 9330

My phone is CRAZY. It has been scrolling by itself for the past two months on and off.  Some times its fine, and the next second it will take me 10 minutes  just to be able to click on a contact. It has been getting worse over time. Ever since the trackpad started giving me trouble I have been having A LOT of problems with my phone. I have noticed that days when my trackpad acts up, the rest of my phone acts up.  My call history no longer shows my history, it just says Call Aborted next to every single incoming and outgoing calls. When I am typing a text message, it will randomly start typing in Chinese and stay in Chinese for a few hours. My visual voice mails I can no longer get too If i open them my phone freezes, and I have to take the battery out and wait an hour before it will restart. The newest issue, is  when I go to send a MSM it will fail the first 4 times, with a code that says Error 302 null. but after the 4th time resending it always goes through. I have gone to sprint a couple times about it. They did a master reset which didn't do anything to fix it. My phone is only a few months old, but I am already at my wits end with it.