Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

separating email accounts

I just downloaded the latest update.  Now my 3 email accounts are all listed under the icon, messages not separately like the were before and the notifications don't work for any of the email accounts but they work for everything else.  What did I do wrong and what do I need to do??  Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: separating email accounts

Hi there!

You didn't do anything wrong. All of your messages have always been inside of Messages all along -- you simply were (as do I) ignored them since you had separate icons to deal with them. What has happened is that the service books got lost in the update -- the service books that control the existence of the additional icon. From a PC, log into your BIS account and inside there should be an option to push your service books.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830&slic...

An alternative is to call your carrier and ask them to push the books.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: separating email accounts

All email messages will always go to the main Messages icon, you can't remove BIS email accounts from the main message folder.

You shoudl have, if you look around your screen or a folder on the screen, the separate email account icons.

Were any of these a corporate BES account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code