Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: several buttons don't work

Okay fine....I post slides, you post video. It doesnt matter anyway...Digital-mayhem is gonna have to sell his Blackberry to pay for the keyboard Smiley Happy
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Jealous because I am more technically hip than you?  (Your own words by the way!)
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold (9000)

okay I saw on another forum this

"If keys are not working... it will not be a simple swap of keypad, it would be the membrane or the circuit board"  how hard is that to replace and how much will that cost?

Guru I

Watch the video Smiley Happy

Just kidding, try a google search, I'll search too.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

This may not be good, didn't see any membranes or PCB's for it, and two different guys on Crackberry said its OEM only,

which in effect is buying a new phone.

Sorry. Hope your search is better than mine!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Wow that video was awesome guys lol...

pretty risky though

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Regular Contributor

hmm well guess ill try the $5.99 keyboard since I already ordered it and the T5 screwdriver if that doesn't work then ill take it to the cell phone repair place here and see how much they charge to fix it...  If to much or they can't ill guess ill just have to file a Insurance Claim and pay the $50 deductable.
Regular Contributor

well I got the $5 keyboard and that wasn't the problem  its the actual sticker like sensor pad which sticks to the mother board below the keyboard....  I went to several repair centers and none of them have the part..  One place doesn't have the part but said its only like  a $15 part and said he would try to get it but never did.....    Got a hold of Blackberry and even though its under the one year warranty they wanna charge me  $190 for repair or $250 for replacement...  So this will be the last time I ever get a Blackberry device if their support is gonna be like this.
Highlighted
Guru I

Dm,

Sorry to hear that,

Please take a minute to reslove the post by using the options by the kudos star. This way others can see your answers qucker.

Thanks,