Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

short battery life

hi,

BB Bold of owner for 2 weks.

battery is draining after a work day, i have to charge it during day. any ideas to increase battery life? (just switched of 3G and trying 2G)

a new problem that i faced today is i canot charge it via USB connected to my work PC. i haven't experienced such problem for 2 weeks. when i connect it to USB it charges for 3 seconds and stop charging.

i also cannot see the indicator light blinking or the clock.

any ideas?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000 Bold

Re: short battery life

At least yours is working at work. I took mine in today for the first time since i got it (I was on holiday for a week) and there is no Network in my office! All day at work it had the red SOS! Whats the point of having a mobile at work if it isnt working?  Not happy at all! 

I have tried doing the only 2G thing but all that does is make the phone stop working completely!

New Contributor

Battery life is not good at all. Have 3g on. The phone only last 9 hours. Most deal with email and MSN. GPS off.

2G solution worked fine, browsing and transfer spped is reasonable.

For two days i have been experiencing USB chaarging problems.

When i connect via USB it charges for 3 secs and stops. İ cannot see any clock or charging indicator(blinking light or thunder icon)

i tried both front and back USB ports and several computers, didn't work out.

any ideas?

New Contributor

I noticed that in the beginning the battery life was quite lousy.

But after a week of usage, the battery seems to be lasting alot longer...

bout 2 days of heavy usage... using it as a music player as well.

Maybe try using the phone til its battery runs out and charging it 12-14hrs (without using it)

Contributor

I experienced the same problem but then took the battery out and in again then it worked fine!  Very strange...

New Contributor

Hi, i'm not feeling well for the battery life. My bold  run 12 hrs with 3G, GPS, browsing and about 1 hour of talking.

New Contributor

try taking your battery out for at least 30 seconds and then returning it. this solved my problem, but I thik also some applications require being actually closed from the options menue otherwise they continue to work draining battery.

just a guess

New Contributor

I experienced the same exact thing with my BB bold. It would only hold a charge for maybe a day. I turend in the battery for a replacement, it seems to work ok now. There is no coverage in my workplace, so I was told the phone will constantly search for a signal, therefore draining the battery.

I can't seem to activate the voice dialling, any idea's?

New Contributor

I just bought a 1700mAh battery (original is 700mAh) from www.datakits.co.uk for £17 delivered.  Hope it will deal with the problem although not solve it.