09-07-2013 06:17 PM
I have exhausted all possibilities. Help , please.
I have downloaded the file on my media card, cannot use it.
there is no Language and Input Support
in my application on desktop manager.
09-07-2013 06:47 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
From what you have described, you are going about it all wrong...your media card is irrelevant. Start here please:
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue. During the process, there also will be a screen to choose the components to install to your BB...review ALL of these very carefully and be sure to INCLUDE any that are specific to the language(s) you desire to be available on your BB.
Good luck and let us know!