Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

smartphone???

I don't understand, this is called as a smart one but could not download many applications. Can't download skype, nor fring; can't download pocket Bible too nor windows mobile. If I know the phone is not that friendly like this, I should just go for i-phone.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: smartphone???

Hi there, Windows Mobile is a different mobile operating system that can only be run on Windows Mobile phones.  If you mean that you would like to use Windows Live Messenger, you can indeed use Windows Live Messenger on BlackBerry devices.  There are also multiple bible applications, Skype is indeed available (just do a Google search for Skype on BlackBerry and you'll get a link directly with details on how to download Skype to your BlackBerry).  I don't know what fring is, so I can't say anything about that.

Note that BlackBerry devices do not use the same applications as are available for the iPhone, however, there are a whole other set of applications.  It's up to you however to find which applications you might like.  My suggestion is to check out the BlackBerry App World and other application stores like MobiHand.

It isn't fair to make such comments when what you say is not actually true.  A little research can find many alternatives for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!