Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

:smileymad: 8520, MAC installation Problem= .MAC Addresses no longer exist, folks!

Hi, when I intalled the software ot interface my BB with my MAC Pro it screwed everything up. In order to organize everything it asks me for my .MAC address, something which hasn't existed for years. I I can't even use one of the enw MAC addresses bacause the ".MAC" part of the address is hard-written into the form!

Also, it is now opening Entourage, instead mf my MAIL program. I have absolutely no use for this if it ins't part of a larger interface which permits me to coordinate my calendars...

How can I at least get back to zero, and preferable take advantage of the features I bought this stupid phone for?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: :smileymad: 8520, MAC installation Problem= .MAC Addresses no longer exist, folks!

device wrote:

Hi, when I intalled the software ot interface my BB with my MAC Pro

What software did you isntall... that would help to know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: :smileymad: 8520, MAC installation Problem= .MAC Addresses no longer exist, folks!

Thanks for answering so quickly:

I suppose you mean from the BB disc. On my mac I use the regular MAIL app which comes with the system.

As far as I know, it only installed Entourage, then go hung up trying to interface with my Calendar program (iCAL). IN fact, as I recall it brought up a little sign saying that installation o f -___? was incomplete, and then went ahead and opened Entourage. THis seems lkike agood program, but now when I go to reply to things online, it opens Entourage instead of MAIL...

I suppose I could try reinstalling the whole shebang to give you a list of things it was puttting in (or mayabe there's another way to tell newly added programs that i am simply ignorant of), but it seemed to be the standard, pre-programmed set-up to interface shceduling, etc. with the MAC...

I would really like to do this, but I dunno i it's even possible without a .MAC address. In fact, with this disc, I'm sur eit is impossible (dead end in flow chart), but perhaps there's another program I could download online? Surely it hasn't been impossible to interface wiht MACs since 2007? If so they should really let us know!

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, quite honesly, I don't believe Entourage is on the BlackBerry CD provided with the device. So I still don't know what all is going on.

ON your BlackBerry disc, you might have installed PocketMac?

I would recommend UNinstalling it if you did, and instead download and install a more recent version from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Entourage is akin to MS Outlook, only for the Mac. And, Entourage is a product of Microsoft as well. For issues with Entourage, I would contact or look for the Entourage user forums.

Sometime this month, rumored soon, BlackBerry will introduce it's Mac-compatible Desktop Manager application. From what I have read and heard, you will be pleased with it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code