Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

sms texts are not "threaded" anymore

My text messages are not threaded anymore - every single incoming text is showing up even if it's replying to a previous text.  I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but it's probably within the last week or so.  I have not installed any new apps and tried a hard reboot.  The only thing I can remember doing recently is to remove my gmail account and adding a different gmail account (via BIS).

I could not find any setting in my BB Bold for this and I have not had any luck searching for a solution online.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: sms texts are not "threaded" anymore

The Blackberry has never had threaded SMS, it's been something users have been asking for several years.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

From what I've read I understand it's not true threading, but even its limited threading feature does not work for me anymore.  It used to keep replies together, but now they all show up.  For example, when someone replies to my text it shows up in my inbox as if it was a new one.  I know they've replied because when I open the message, I see the history.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Look at Options > SMS Text > Number of Previous Items.

What is your number set to? Set it to '7', and then observe it that does what you want.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code