Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: giffgaff

software faults - how do i report them?

I bought my torch 9860 sim free from amazon.co.uk. Its recently developed numerous software faults and amazon have told me I need to report it to blackberry before they take any action (replace/refund etc) but I'm struggling to find a way to contact blackberry for help. Who do I tell and how?

Thanks
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: software faults - how do i report them?

BlackBerry's support method is to go through your wireless carrier. Unfortunately, since you purchased the device on Amazon you really don't have any official support method. You can call BlackBerry but they charge $50 or more for each support incident.

We may be able to help you here. What problems are you experiencing? Also, what is the version of the software you are running? Look in Options >About and on the 3rd line down please post the version number. It starts with a "v" and is in the parenthesis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

If I've looked in the right place its v7.0.0.585

My main problem is when I have to reboot for any reason (new app or recently because its turned itself off) when I turn the phone back on it freezes on the loading screen about 70% loaded and no matter how long I leave it just will not load further so I have to take my battery out and try again. This can run into double figures before it switches on. I try to avoid doing it but it freezes during use sometimes so I have to take the battery out.

It also at times takes up to 10 minutes to unlock and the screen appear after pressing the unlock button.

Its just really frustrating and any help is appreciated.
New Contributor

I forgot to mention I upgraded the software on it 3 weeks ago so it had the full reboot via my computer then but its not made any difference and I switch it off every night so its not on all the time.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

then

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

My device will take up 15 or 20 minutes to boot sometimes. It will hang at about 2/3 complete. Other tikes it takes less than 2 minutes. This seems to be normal. I suggest you leave the device for longer on the reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks I will give that a try