Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell canada

software has stopped working problem with new download

I updated my software the other day and now I cant get it to open without the error message of "stopped working" I tried reparing the program and I tried re-installing it. Still nothing. 

Help!! 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: software has stopped working problem with new download

Same problem here; updated to 7.0, then "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working".  Removed 7.0, re-installed 6.0... no joy.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: VIrgin Mobile

I too am having the same issue!!! Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same problem. It starts to sychronize for about 3 seconds and then stops. It hasn't syncronized anything. If I try again to synchronize, the software just freezes and I have to go into Task Manager in Windows 7 to get the softward to close.

It's astounding that literally thousands of users have come to this site looking for help and there's nothing here from RIM about an obvious problem with the software. I had already pretty much decided to ditch Blackberry when my Sprint contract runs out in a couple of months, but this pretty much seals it. Blackberry has fallen so far behind from where it was when I first started using it 5 years ago.