11-27-2012 01:28 PM
I am trying to download the new software update version 7.1.0 bundle 2039 after about a minute i get the following error:
the download cannot continue because your device cannot connect to the update server using any of the following methods:
could anyone point me in the right direction?
11-27-2012 01:32 PM - edited 11-27-2012 01:32 PM
First, from what you describe, you are using the on-device update method...my advice is to STOP!!!! The on-device update method takes an on-device backup of your data, from which it restores after the update succeeds. But, should anything go wrong (and it often does), that backup is lost forever. Hence, using a computer is advised as you can take a manual backup to your computer, and preserve that backup file forever.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
11-27-2012 05:05 PM
11-27-2012 05:23 PM