Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: vodafone

software update

hi,

i have this device bb curve 9380, it keeps on restarting automatically whenever i put my sim card in it. some times it restarts in a streak of 5 to 7 times. i dont know what is the problem with it, someone suggested me that i need to update my software but i dont know how to update either, that bb desktop software shows that there are no updates available. plzz help me out !!!!

thanks. Smiley Happy 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: software update

Hi acajay03

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Currently what your device OS version ? to check that Go to Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line .

But.. If you want to update / Relaod you can try those simple steps and perform a manual update / Reload .

1.Locate your Carrier or Download an OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS before restore anything from your backup first check if your BlackBerry back to normal or reboot ceases. If issue resolves then don't restore everything from your backup files , use selective restore . Restore only your contacts , Calenders , etc . You can Install your apps from BlackBerry world but Install one application at a time , it will let you know if any application is the cause of this problem. 

Try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.