Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630, Storm 9530 (as MP3 playback device only)
My Carrier: TELUS Mobility

some Media Card folders within 'documents' folder not visible in Windows XP Pro SP3

I have tried renaming these folders on the device (eliminating '.'s and generally shortening the folder names) and then connecting to a Windows machine again afterwards, however, I have two problematic folders (within the 'documents' folder) that are still not visible in Windows.

One thing that is kind of troubling is that I thought I noticed that when I was moving files out of the 'documents' root directory (only place I can put files from the Windows machine [while connected] because I can't see the target folders in Windows) on the device to one of the problematic folders (again, because I cannot accomplish this in Windows), the original full-length folder name was still being referenced in the path displayed in the intermediate confirmation dialog.

Does it matter whether the folders are created within the (connected to) Windows environment or done on the device?  Are there folder name length considerations or illegal characters?

I have created (in the Windows environment, while connected) some rather long folder names (including ''' & '.' characters) within the 'pictures' directory and have no trouble seeing them later in Windows.

What could be going on here?

Thanks, FFF

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630, Storm 9530 (as MP3 playback device only)
My Carrier: TELUS Mobility

Re: some Media Card folders within 'documents' folder not visible in Windows XP Pro SP3

... bump ...