Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: mobilicity

some SMS messages disappearing

I have a 9790 version 7.1.0.523

My SMS messages are disappearing and I do not know why. I want to be able to keep them regardless how old they are and I do not feel like I need to click 'save message'.

I used to have Android phone and all history was there unless I delete it.

My 'leave message on SIM card' used to be checked but I started to get messages saying that my SIM card is full.

This I find hard to believe - I have the phone for 5 months now, do not use it much, do not use BBM, I have less than 80 contacts, do not download apps... pretty low usage.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can control how long do I keep my SMS (Such as the option for email -'days to keep messages')

I have a feeling my SMS are gone after certain period of time

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: some SMS messages disappearing

Hello lijiljana

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

ljiljana wrote:

My 'leave message on SIM card' used to be checked but I started to get messages saying that my SIM card is full.

Please Unchecked that Option ! Otherwise you will always get the same message . If you Uncheck it your SMS will be stored on your device memory but please note SMS database on our BlackBerry is 5000 text message . So , you can do a regular backup of your device and delete any unnecessary Text Message from your BlackBerry . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: mobilicity

Thank you for the info on 5K messages. Nice to know. I have also unchecked that option...

However, I do not think I have 100 messages- text only and yet my messages are disappearing.

Ex: I had several SMS messages with a frined of mine, yesterday we exchanged some 10 and all from before are just gone (Houdini likeSmiley Happy)

I do not have messages older that June... grrrrr annoying - had some home addresses there!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

SIM card don't have enough memory to store large volume of text messages . But On BlackBerry app World  there are few apps available which can forward your SMS as email , if you really want to keep all of your Text message then I think you should Install any such application so that you can delete your Old text message when needed .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.