Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: A1
Accepted Solution

standard e-mail address

Hi,

I got a mail problem on my BB Bold 9900. Additionally to my old e-mail address I created a new one while keeping the old address active. In my system I changed the standard e-mail address to the new one. So far so good, when I write a new e-mail my BB uses the new address as the consigner. This is only different when I select a recipient from my contacts (which where prior to the new e-mail address). The question is why does BB choose the old e-mail address as the consigned address while it is supposed to use the new one?? I guess this has something to do with the contacts, but I can´t figure out how to solve this problem.

Thanks for helping me out!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: standard e-mail address

Hi nobody123,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

This feature is working by design. When sending an email, the last address you used to email that contact is selected by default. This KB article should provide more information. "What is the default email address for a contact when composing a new email message from the Address Book" http://bbry.lv/YXI05S

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!