Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Sun cellular

stolen BB9900 model

Hi guys!

Just want to ask how to block a stolen BB9900 model phone?

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Re: stolen BB9900 model

my BB 9930 got stolen also. i hope that we could share information about our concern when we get it. thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Sun cellular

do you know the imei no of your phone? does any agency can determine of whereabouts of our phone even if we can't previde the imei no?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

The only way to block a stolen/lost BlackBerry phone is to contact your carrier.  They can block the IMEI, the PIN and your SIM card.  This is not to say that they will (some carriers won't block an IMEI for some reason), I'm just saying if anyone is going to do it, it will be your carrier.  At the very least, make sure they block your SIM card so nobody else can rack up charges on your account.  And when you get a replacement BlackBerry, make sure to install BlackBerry Protect on it so you can track your phone's location and wipe all data from it if you so desire.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

By Blackberry Bold 9900 was stolen and i also what it blocked. i have the IMEI number. how do i go about it?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

my carrier says they dont block IMEI number, i have already blocked the sim. is there no other way? if there is it will discourage people from stealing

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The ultimate protection is BlackBerry Protect installed on your phone.  It won't prevent theft but if your phone does get lost or stolen, you can wipe all the data off of it plug you can track its location.

@uchek7, you asked if there's any other way of blocking your phone other than calling your carrier.  The answer is no, there isn't.

I hope that helps.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.