Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

stramge doings on my storm- help please

I've had my storm for ~2 months(running .75) and have had no major problems. About 2 weeks ago, the pop up option lists, whether it was for sound profiles, deleting message options, or scheduling, spontaneously changed. For example, when I want to change my sound profile, I would click the sound icon. Instead of all the options (loud, normal, medium, silent...) showing up in one field, they would be all spaced out. I now have to scroll down to select the appropriate choice. I can't figure out why this has happened. I've tried quickpulling multiple times. No luck.
This is where it gets a little wierd. Yesterday, I passed by the Verizon kiosk in my local mall. I figured they may know why this was happening. So I tried to show them the funky pop up lists. Predictably, all the lists were back to their normal appearance. They looked at me like I was crazy. But I figured, OK, whatever, problem solved.
I left the mall. And ten minutes later, my storm was back to it's screwy tricks. What's going on here?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: stramge doings on my storm- help please

Hi! That is frustrating...like going to the doctor and having to say "well, it usually looks like this, but right now it seems to be normal". You say you've used quickpull -- you mean the app that simulates a reboot, right? It is also wise to do a true batt-pull reboot from time-to-time (one thread that is running is suggesting that roughly every 4 days). Also, be sure that all applications are truly closed when not in use and that all add-on apps are truly Storm compatable. If the behavior continues in such a random fashion, then warranty work may be in order.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the tips. I've done those things. I only have a few apps, and haven't added anything lately. Sigh.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...so a true batt-pull hard reset did not help. OK. An odd thought possibility...are you using a case? And, if so, is it an official BB case or an after market case that "fits"? Magnets near the device can cause odd effects -- the official BB case for the Storm has a magnet placed specifically to tell the Storm that it is in the holster...and act accordingly (the sound profiles have settings for "in holster only"). A magnet in a different location (no, I don't know specifically where) could have random results... Just a thought...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I'm using the innocase II(no battery). This started well after I stated using the case. Once again, thanks for your help.
Hall of Famer III

/me = Stumped...