Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: alfa

strange issue with my bb 9900 bold 4 please help!!

sorry guys i have this odd situation here and i would like some help if u may...i had my new bb 9900 from a friend,he cleared all his data and he wiped it out for me (no software reset) the cell is super cool but one odd problem apprears...the phone is actually not connecting to some wifi hotspot! more importantly in my work where i really need connection...he actually accept the wifi SSID,it always apprears on the top of the screen above the clock sign...but when i try to open a site in example the loading bar keeps progressing untill a message pops out tellin me unable to connect!! ok but to make things clear it's nothing about the wifi in my cell because it search right and connect properly even the wifi signal bar is working (stronger signal appears when im closer to the router)and even i tried to connect someplaces else...most of it dont work but some of it work!!! in my work i tried to work on my security options in router maybe it's the cause ... but nothing happends...finally and despretly i wiped it again... no results... i formatted the cell and made software... nothing happens! so i think it's about some error connecting between my cell and my router maybe? can anyone help please?? thank u 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: strange issue with my bb 9900 bold 4 please help!!

Hey Sokhen.

Make tried resetting the router and then look for wi-fi networks from your computer 9900?

Regars.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: strange issue with my bb 9900 bold 4 please help!!

Hey Sokhen,

Well 1 st I appreciate your level of troubleshooting you did,just a few things I would like to say,if there is a restriction at your work place regarding you using there network let it be,you don't wanna hang your neck do you?Try and connect to secured and trusted networks rather than using hotspots and not that I am against it and also try and see if you can get the best 3G plan suiting your needs and requirements,you can use a combo of wifi and 3G,you can turn the data services off when ur connected to wifi and downloading songs or any heavy download.I generally use wifi at home and work as I have no restrictions for all my downloads but for faster browsing a good 3G is better than the slogger EDGE which aint edgy enough.Hope you will have a better experience.
Thanks & Regards
Shayak Munshi