Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: stupid hourglass glass is constantly flashing - Np e-mails coming in - Help!

have you downloaded the facebook application? i was running it on mine and was getting the constant hourglass that was a major battery drain. as soon as i deleted facebook the hourglass went away, i received all of my email and txt, and i haven't had it come back in almost a month.
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: stupid hourglass glass is constantly flashing - Np e-mails coming in - Help!

I had the same problem. I went to my provider, they gave me the blackberry help phone number.they told me that my phone had a virus. This comes from e-mails, websites visited and anything from a memory card. My guess is you have one too. Hopefully you have the cd-rom and the USB cable that came with the phone you need it to correct the problem.go into the program(make sure the phone is hooked up to a stationary computer or laptop)go to the backup section and back up the phone so you don't lose any important info ie your contacts. Then go to the section right below that and uninstall the software and then reinstall the software. You won't see the hourglass anymore.