Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

support 8900 javelin?

hi

I just tried to download app world on my 8900 javelin (running v4.6.1.101) and i got an error "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements"

anyone else got the same?

i thought this would be supported..
New Contributor

Re: support 8900 javelin?

I'm getting the same thing aswell, I am in the UK, I have software version 4.6.1.101 and I am on an unlimited data plan with Orange.

Just keeps coming up with:

BlackBerry wrote:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."

Could this be a network specific thing... If so, when will Orange users be able to get the App World?

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Hi there, I have the same problem. I have a legitimate os installed on my 8900 with Orange UK and I'm also getting the same message that my phone dosent meet the minimum requirements. Maybe April Fools day has started with a bang.

Hate to say it, but DITTO. On Orange and getting the same message. Dearly hoping it isn't an Orange thing - have a feeling it may be a UK network thing as a guy on Vodafone is also having grief... If anyone solves it please let us know! On On
New Contributor

I've just asked a couple of my colleagues using 8300 series also with Orange UK on unlimited data plans to try and download... They get the same message as well. Smiley Sad

Not looking good!

New Contributor

they even have a picture of the 8900 on the appworld download page!
Contributor

I'm on Vodafone, have a storm, meet all the requirements, and it downloaded fine, but when i try to run it, it tells me " Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world....", but i have an unlimited data plan!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh
New Contributor

It is same on the Blackberry Bold on Orange says the application download is not supported so is it Orange being awkward in blocking ther service due to risk of losing revenue from own Orange World downloads ? They did this with Nokia they blocked the Nokia music store/N gage platform which meant for a while most new Nokias didnt appear on Orange UK.

The only other thing I have noticed it does say is trackballs are not supported like on Bold,Javelin and many others if so this will affect a lot of phones but is suspect its Orange Uk blocking it

New Contributor

uno28 wrote:

The only other thing I have noticed it does say is trackballs are not supported like on Bold,Javelin and many others if so this will affect a lot of phones but is suspect its Orange Uk blocking it

They says track wheels are not supported, track balls should be fine

New Contributor

You are correct Andy its this early morning thing I should have read it properly so looks it it is Orange UK thing, strange theere arte no Vodafone,O2 or T mobile customers posting on here to say they have problems. I may give Orange data support a call when I get a minute