Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3g

support for linux

is there any way to use blackberry software on ubuntu linux or any other linux? And is there support for using your blackberry in linux?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: support for linux

Hi orosmannetjie and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Currently the BlackBerry® Desktop Software is only supported on Windows® and Macintosh.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3g

Thank you. I realize that, but is there any chance that Linux will be supported in the very near future? Or is it in the works or plans? Can Blackberry please take this in consideration? It would be great if this happens.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please understand that actually answering your question would require access to and revelation of proprietary and forward-looking information...typically, RIM (as well as most all public companies) never does that. You must console yourself in that, having had the rare benefit of a response here by an official RIM person (Cpt_Sweatpants), hopefully your request has been at least formally received...but, unless and until it is completed and released to the general public, you will likely never hear anything further in this regard.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)
My Carrier: www.rzr.online.fr

well it seems the gnu/linux user base is not enough to support it ? I am wondering how many users should complain for rim to reconsider this supported plateform ... see my signature :