Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Digicel

suspended settings/service

[ Edited ]

GOod night,

Just registered to find out why RIM would suspend setting/service from a blackberry Phone? I newly acquired a second hand blackberry phone (Bold 9000) got it fixed up and connected to my Mobile Service provider (Digicel Jamaica). However, the phone would not be able to use the internet or service even after the plan was set up by my service provider. When i called them back about it they told me that RIM suspended the mobile. Is this done? Why would this be done? and can this be corrected?

Thanks Much

Sincerely

Andrea

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: suspended settings/service

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

RIM rarely suspends anything unilaterally. Rather, if a carrier reports a BB as lost or stolen, they can report it as such and block services from being enabled on the device. But, as a user-to-user community, no one here can check anything "behind the scenes" to provide you anything authoritative about this situation. You would need to convince your carrier to escalate into RIM to see if they can find out more information for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: suspended settings/service

You purchased a hot phone perhaps. Get a refund or a legit phone from a reputable source.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon