Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

sympatico.ca/ BellMail - BlackBerry BIS issues

Along with another member of my household, I have lost the ability to get e-mail messages through my sympatico.ca (Bell Mail) account on my Bold 9780. We have no problems with our other accounts and we have no problems accessing Bell Mail in other ways, including via BB browser.

We have done validation, service books, two-step verification, deleting and setting up address, going through carrier (Rogers) BIS site. Nothing works.  The BB won't recognize our passwords!

Bell help can't do anything and of course BlackBerry doesn't offer help Smiley Sad .

Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there any other solutions?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: sympatico.ca/ BellMail - BlackBerry BIS issues

BlackBerry offers help but Rogers has to put you through to BlackBerry. They often don't want to be bothered with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you tried removing two step verification from the account?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

It doesn't work either way.

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

See if this might help you:

The error "StartTLS is configured with server <domain> with IMAP, but the connection attempt failed...  

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II

Have you tried integrating it as an Outlook.com/Hotmail account? I know there have been issues with Sympatico in the past and I found a couple of KB articles but they deal with BB10.

If you use the "Advanced" button on the email setup does it give an option for Hotmail or Outlook.com?

Contributor

Appreciate this but a) I don't have a Playbook and b) I can't get past the password stage since my password  isn't recognized. The password is not an issue: it works on other platforms and I select "show password".

Guru II

Have you tried changing the password? Sometimes if you have a special character in there it can cause problems. Try with just upper/lower case letters and numbers--no special characters. Also, just changing the password may help too.

Contributor

Thanks John_Clark. I tried what you suggested just now under Windows Live, using live.com since that is the domain that appears in the URL.

Unfortunately that didn't work but the message was different: "Update failed" instead of invalid address/password. Hopefully it's a sign we are getting somewhere!

Contributor

It looks like the special characters were the problem! The setup was accepted. I've sent myself a test message so hopefully we'll see some activity in 20 minutes. I'll let you know and if so, click on "accept solution".

Thank you very much!!