Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: H3g

sync error

Hi,

a couple of days ago I upgraded my deskot software. Since then everytime I sync my 9700Bold I get this message:

program error @ line 140 in .\Errorr.cpp.

Can you help pls?

thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: sync error

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove any/all device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • Some have reported the manual search and removal of RIM, BB, and Puma registry keys to be helpful...do not attempt this if you are at all unsure as editing your registry wrongly can render your entire PC useless.
  • Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful
  • Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

• If the package came from a carrier other than that for which your BB was originally manufactured, then you must delete, from your PC, at least one, and possibly two, copy of VENDOR.XML.

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data (calendar, task list, memo list, and contact list) using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

followed step by step your suggestion. Now I get this one:

SYNC ERROR:

CPreferencesManager::save:File not found: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Translators\MSOL\TransConfig.xml

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

So, when do you get that? At the same point (synchronizing)? Or at a different point (e.g., configuring synchronization)?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

synchronizing.

everything seems to go well, but the program stops on last 6 contacts, then the sync message. Consider that since 2 days ago, when I upgraded, I didn't add new contacts, so nothing changed.

Hall of Famer III

vince22 wrote:

everything seems to go well, but the program stops on last 6 contacts, then the sync message. 

That might indeed mean something...a record could have become corrupted, causing this (normally, though, the errors are more indicative). Perhaps you can try advanced logging and see if it helps:

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Before you ask, no I've no way to help decipher the resulting logs. (Hopefully that still exists and works that way in the latest Desktop Software)

If you can narrow down to a corrupt record, you then have the other task of finding and correcting it. I've not had to try it myself, but I've heard that if you export from Outlook, the data will be in the same order as the synchronization process uses...which could then guide you to the proper record(s) to correct.

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Hong Kong CSL Limited

After upgrading my desktop manager i suffered the same problems above. I followed the clean install and ended up with this same sync error. the next suggestions below don't apply. have you resolved it??
New Contributor

And KB01451 does not apply to the new desk top manager???
New Contributor

Check here for work around

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do

I solved mine by cleaning up the recurring agenda items (and deleted the old ones)

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB32032&sliceId=2&cm...

Now it all works