12-02-2012 12:03 PM
Hi, I've tried syncing files to laptop. As soon as I connected the USB cable it prompted me for a password. I have no idea what the password is.
I've also receive a software update request. Currently operating on version 7.0.0 bundle 2259. I have never download the desktop software for blackberry, please explain the best simplified method to perform an update without losing any of my
photos and contacts.
12-02-2012 12:20 PM - edited 12-02-2012 12:20 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Hi, I've tried syncing files to laptop. As soon as I connected the USB cable it prompted me for a password. I have
The password prompted for by the Desktop Software and the password that is assigned to lock your BB are the same password. That password is user-created, so there is no "master" or "override" password to use...only that original user-created password can bypass this.
I've also receive a software update request. Currently operating on version 7.0.0 bundle 2259. I have never download the desktop software for blackberry, please explain the best simplified method to perform an update without losing any of my photos and contacts.
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup -- the process should offer you that opportunity, do not bypass it. Further, to be safest, you would want to first take a manual backup:
For even more protection, you should also backup your BBM contacts to your device/media card memory and then, via Mass Storage Mode, manually copy the full contents of both of those areas to your computer:
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
12-08-2012 06:35 AM
Thanks, I have downloaded as indicated, bb 9360 is currently backing up on laptop, this has taken an hour and still not completed. Its frozen three quarter way through. If I press cancel I can loose all my info on bb, what to do?
12-08-2012 09:33 AM
Since all it is doing is backing up (I presume this is a stand alone backup you have initiated, rather than the automatic one that would be part of the update process???), there is no harm in stopping it by disconnecting. However, there are posts here from folks who waited long enough that it eventually completed...if you could say what it is stuck on during the backup, there might be specific instructions to help..."75%" doesn't tell us what database it's working on, nor if it's actually proceeding but just very slowly.
If it's on the Smart Card database, then this might apply:
Good luck and let us know!