Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

sync google calendar and contacts

I have been using the google sync for a long time now with great success. Recently I have realized that is now unsupported or basically does not work. google suggests using BB syncing process to do the same. I have run through the steps from BB, but it looks like my wireless syncronization button is greyed out so when I sync (from the email account settings) nothing happens? any ideas on how to get this sync working?

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: sync google calendar and contacts

I have the same issue.  Google Sync app was removed on Dec 14th and unsupported.  It will no longer work after Jan 30, 2013 although it has happened sooner for me.   I have enabled syncronization for the calendar in the Email Account Management settings on the gmail account.  When I synchronize Contract and Calendar through that function I received the following;

"Your device encournterd a problem with this appication's server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again"

I understand Google has moved to the extend webDAV - calDAV & cardDAV protocols.  Do the RIM Calendar & Contact apps support these open standards?

Is there a way to resolve this issue so Google Calendar can continue to be synced to the RIM calendar?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: H2O Wireless

Re: sync google calendar and contacts

Same problem - I'm switching to android.