12-13-2010 02:04 PM
I can not sync my blackberry torch with my computer with the new software. I had a blackberry pearl for 3 years and used it my laptop. No problems with that. When I purchased the torch I synced it with the laptop using the old software and it worked fine. Now I went to use the new version 6.0 for the torch and it would not sync. So removed the old version and new version no luck after reloading the new version. Reloaded a few times no luck. I connect my phone and the software knows my phone is connected. My phone is set to import my contacts, etc but the software will not let me click the boxes to my contacts , calendar etc. I reconfigure and I get an error message. unreported error. Now I have go online to the support section an it indicated that I should repair my software with explorer off and my anti -virus off. That still did not work. When I go to repair it gets about halfway through and it generates a message that the network pathway can not be found and I should find a new path.
I do not use outlook for my default email but it was not a problem before and using the old software for last week I had no problems.
I use this for my business , Is this an easy fix?
12-13-2010 08:43 PM
Did you uninstall using Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features)? If so follow the steps in this KB article to perform a clean uninstall - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206
12-16-2010 10:13 AM
I didn't understand in your message if you are or are NOT using Outlook.
If not, what are you using to sync your contacts, etc?
Go into Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services.
Make sure those are both set to the e-mail address you are trying to sync with.
01-01-2011 06:46 PM
I have the exact same problem (see my other post - I should add that I run XP).
NONE, repeat none, of your solutions work. I am now up to 12 lost hours fiddling with this mess. We have other things to do in life than trying to get your undebbugged software to run!!!
As explained in other post, at first the boxes to choose apps to synch would not staty checkec. Now after drastic clean uninstall (both old and new versions) the boxes stay checked but Outlook doesnt appear as a config choice anymore. What is this!!!!
Surely there must be a simple way for DM6.0 to take notice that Outlook is installed.
01-02-2011 01:05 PM
After trying any and all other solutions listed or hinted at in all the boards and communities I tried one last one: uninstalled DM6.0 and installed 5.0SP1...same problem.
My hypothesis is that during a so-called "clean uninstall" (the drastic version in the additional notes of KB02206 where it tells you to use Find on MyComputer in the Registry and delete ALL Research and motion keys) something critical was removed.
My synch config options now only have ASCII and Yahoo! Gone Outlook, Lotus, and all the rest. Can someone provide me with what's missinng?
01-02-2011 04:31 PM
I have now found this folder:
Documents & Settings/<user>/Application Data/Blackberry Desktop/
in which there are two folders: Yahoo Connector (with a .rca file) and Novell Groupwise Connector(empty)
As the only config option thats shows up in my synch config window is Yahoo, this must not be a coincidence!
Would an Outlook folder (and files) be missing here? and how do I get it? Can someone send me a copy???
01-03-2011 12:42 AM
I posted a thread about the same problem. I have even had contact with @blackberryhelp via Twitter. I think I may return my phone as well. I wonder if Andriod has these issues with no explanation?
01-03-2011 07:15 PM
Ok I actually just fixed mine. Here is the deal. If you have your windows set to auto update. Then check the "view update history" on the Windows Update tab (icon). Sort by date. Look for any updates down about the time the Blackberry failed to sych. Mine was an Adobe Reader 9.4.6. Delete any suspect files. Then go back to windows update and make sure that it is current. I had to actually update mine with 1 update. Reboot the computer and - it's magic -
I had spent 5 hours on the phone with Blackberry tech support and went all the way up to the top tier of support. They basically gave me everything that I had already tried. Then they ran out of options and said that it was a Microsoft issue.
I was not about to accept that from a 3rd party software resider on my native Microsoft system. RIM needed to come up with a fix, not Microsoft. So now they owe me a job!
Hope this helps.