Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: SFR
Accepted Solution

synchronisation fault

Synchronisation of my 9800 Torch has always worked for me, until today. It goes through all the motions but just stops with a message "Converting BlackBerry Calendar data" (new line) "Read 3450 records"

I have rebooted both the PC and the phone.

Desktop Software is version 7.1.0.41 bundle 42

handheld software is version 6.0 bundle 2475

Does anyone know why this has suddenly stopped working?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: synchronisation fault

Hi!

According to this Knowledge Base, "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

I can see that your software is up-to-date too, have you tried reverting to an older version of the software?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Contributor

Thanks Mondi21. I have 602_b043_multilanguage.exe
Do you think I should try this?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Let's try that first and see if the issue persists. Keep me posted, Goodluck! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Contributor

No go I'm afraid. I removed 7.1 and installed 6.0.2. It wouldn't even start : "BlackBerry Desktop Software has stopped working"
I can see that this problem is known since July 2012 so my confidence level as a continuing BlackBerry user is somewhat diminished. Not being able to synchronise my diary is a serious business impediment that I can't allow to last very long.
Contributor

Don't know how long my luck will hold but I found a workaround.

I wiped the Calendar clean and started over. The synchronisation worked OK.

This seems to easy to be true, especially as RIM have been working on the problem for almost two years and haven't found a solution.