Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

synchronization

i recently had to replace my blackberry pearl with a new blackberry pearl.  after trying several times to synch the new phone with the desktop software to capture all of my stuff from the old phone, i kept getting an error message--something to do with "applications not set up to synch", or words to that effect.  i'm curious as to whether there is something i need to do to the desktop because of the new phone since i had no previous problems synching the old phone with the desktop.  can anybody give me some advice?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: synchronization

Hi wgcr1

The error message you are getting, "No applications configured for synchronization" simply means that the desktop manager has not been set up to synchronize with an application.  To fix it, click on the synchronize button, the configuration tab, then configure sync.  This will bring you to a screen listing your calendar, address book, memos and tasks.  Putting a check mark next to these will bring up a screen where you can chose to synchronize with Outlook.

Cheers!