Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 9732529697

system restore from 30702 error

about a we

ek ago I joined the group because I had over a month of 30702 errors which basicaly prevents updating or getting any apps.  & couldnt get help from BB. The  error seemed to occur shortly after use of BB desktop soft ware. The forum directed me to my service provider & they changed my settings on their end. Which did nothing. I went back to the "fix" on the BB website & once again removed my battery etc except this time when I put it back I got a message -fatal error on my external media card. I lost access to over 300 songs & all my pictures. I took the card out & checked it on my pc & it was fine & all my music & photos were there.. But it seems that a previously unaccesible BB backup was on the card.I copied all my personal stuff to the pc & I tried reformating the card & it wouldnt allow it. So I at least defragmented it & checked for errors. Thinking it was the card slot on the phone I tried another card & it worked fine.  So before giving up on the original card I reinseted it again . A message appeared - "Did I want to change which media card should operate the BB? I said yes. Why not!. The device more or less restarted. Some applications needed to be re-registered. Access to apps was restored & all my personal media was available again. 

Im not sure why this fixed things. Perhaps I accessed a backup- although why were my applications un-registered- Ive been using this phone since November & the only backup was from last month? So to quote from the sage "all the kings horses & all the Kings men couldnt............" but I blundered into fixing it myself. Perhaps this could help some of the others who have had this problem for over a year.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: system restore from 30702 error

Hello bkonwh,

Thank you for sharing. If you experience this issue again in the future, the following article should help:

"Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28212

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: 9732529697

Re: system restore from 30702 error

thanks for trying to be helpful but the article you refer to is the one I mention in my "account". During this process my "external" card was compromised resulting in the bulk of my account.

So what I describe is a fix for problems with using that article!

Regardfless - backup your system with desktop software before doing anything

& if the kind efforts of the BB team results in a totally failed phone like I had & a corrpted external card- try restoring the system from the "corrupt card". as I describe in my posting.

That is what I did to overcome the 30702 error